From Storing Your Gear to Scoring Deals: A Guide to End-of-Season Skiing Essentials
As the snow begins to melt and the temperature rises, we're faced with the bittersweet reality that the ski season is coming to an end. For many, this means it's time to pack away their skis and snowboards until the next season rolls around. However, before saying goodbye to another winter on the slopes, there are some important things to consider as the season transitions to spring. Let's dive into the three most common questions that arise as the end of ski season approaches.
- When does the season officially end?
- How do I properly store my ski/snowboard gear for the offseason?
- Are there any end-of-season sales on ski/snowboard equipment?
When does ski season end?
The end of ski season varies depending on the location and climate. Generally, ski resorts close around April or early May. Some resorts may close earlier if the snow starts melting faster due to warmer temperatures. Purgatory Resort, located in Durango, Colorado, typically closes in early April. The exact closing date can vary depending on the snow conditions and weather patterns each season, so it's best to check their website or call the resort for the most up-to-date information.
How do I properly store my ski/snowboard gear for the offseason?
Storing your ski and snowboard gear properly is essential for maintaining its quality and longevity. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Clean and dry your equipment thoroughly before storing it.
- Storage wax - protect the base of your skis or board from drying out, oxidizing, or becoming damaged during storage.
- Store your skis/snowboards in a dry, cool place.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight or any heat sources.
- Place your skis/snowboards in a bag or a case to prevent any scratches or damage.
Are there any end-of-season sales on ski/snowboard equipment?
Yes, many ski and snowboard shops have end-of-season sales to clear out their inventory. At Ski Barn, we have a Bargain Basement with gear that is 15%-40% off. Additionally, we offer the option to rent next year's season rentals at 30% off through the end of May. This is a great way to save money and get your equipment for the next ski season early.
As the ski and snowboard season comes to a close, it's important to prepare your gear for the offseason and take advantage of the end-of-season sales. Keep these tips in mind and enjoy the rest of the ski season while it lasts!